We’re often asked to forecast or estimate campaign response rates, especially in DRTV. Here are some guidelines for those who want them:
Set 1 – DRTV Phone Response Rates (high to low range as a percentage of total impacts)
- DRTV Type 1 – Hard Hitters – these DRTV hard hitters, with no-nonsense creative, usually on a 60 second time length can achieve between 1% and 0.05%. But please note, exceeding 0.05% is very rare in DRTV. It’s usually delivered through a combination of an extremely powerful ad, a very strong product, a great offer transmitted on a low level but highly responsive audience. It is very difficult to exceed 0.05% at scale.
- DRTV Type 2 – Lead Generators – these DRTV ads are usually seeking subscription trials, leads, quotes etc and run on time lengths between 30 seconds and 60 seconds. Response rates tend to be around 0.05% and 0.005%.
- DRTV Type 3 – Brand Response – these ‘BRTV’ soft sellers produce lower responses generally in the range of 0.005% to 0.0005%
Set 2 – DRTV Web Response Rates (high-low range as a percentage of total impacts)
- DRTV Type 1 – Hard Hitters – these are high response rate ads will generate 2-3 times their phone response equivalents so around 2% and 0.1%
- DRTV Type 2 – Lead Generators – web response rates to these tend to generate around 0.5% and 0.05%.
- DRTV Type 3 – Brand Response – these BRTV ‘soft sellers’ produce lower responses generally in the range of 0.05% to 0.005%
Find our more information about our DRTV Media Planning, Buying and Evaluation course please follow this link